Monday, April 5, 2010

How to become a better programmer

Like most good things, becoming a better programmer is not a simple thing. It is a choice that you have to make. Then commit yourself to the continuous process of self improvement. Knowledge of the programming language is just one facet. I strongly recommend that you start by reading the book "The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master".

The best blog entry I found on this topic is "4 ways to become a better programmer" on programming4scientists.com. The author summarizes the several things you need to do in to four categories - Reading, writing, reviewing and contributing.

Another blog entry I found is "Becoming a Better Programmer". The list here again starts with the book "The Pragmatic Programmer".

Enough said about what I found and what I think one should do to better them selves. I am in the process my self and this blog is part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment